About a year ago (maybe a bit more, I have no concept of time), I came acrossThe Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Globetrotter by Christian Graugart. I knew right away from reading the synopsis that this was my jam. I loved it. Parts of it were just impossible for me to stop reading. Even if I hadn’t been interested in BJJ, the whole concept of the book appealed to me. Strangely enough, I doubt that I would have the guts to even start what Mr Graugart accomplished. Give it a read.
Immediately after reading the book, I discovered that Mr Graugart had started his own BJJ team aptly named BJJ Globetrotters. The concept is very interesting. This is taken from their website.
“BJJ Globetrotters offers an alternative to traditional affiliation within Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Membership is open for anyone (both individuals and gyms), and there are basically no requirements to join, other than to spread—and agree with—the message 🙂
The members doesn’t represent a specific person, academy, instructor or lineage. They are merely a world-wide community of people, who share a common set of values:
- We don’t pay each other any affiliation fees
- We wear any patches we like on our gis
- We are free to represent any (or no) team in competition
- We encourage training with anyone regardless of affiliation
- We are willing to promote anyone who deserves it—members or not
- We arrange camps, seminars and visit each other for training and fun
- We believe everyone is equal both on and off the mats
- We strive to enjoy life, people and the world through Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
The team is officially registered with the IBJJF, in order for our members (and non-members, for that sake) to compete at those tournaments”
So naturally I joined. Yep, my name is listed right their under Individual Members. I got a couple sweet patches for my gis, and some stickers to plaster all over the place. Well today I ordered a brand new BJJ Globetrotter rashguard. I can’t wait for it to come. I will definitely be sporting it if I decide to compete again. Here’s Mr Graugart modeling it. What do you think?
One thought on “New Rashguard Ordered”
nice to see someone into MMA and allso the rest as well. I like the blog, keep it up!